Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thing 8 Getting Creative with Creative Commons

I am excited to learn about Creative Commons because it opens up so many possibilities to me. I think my students will be excited to learn about it for the same reason. Imagine being able to access text, videos, songs, (the list goes on) and being able to remix it and share it with the world. The potential to connect with other people who are interested in the same things and getting feedback from them about what has been done or of looking at something they've created and giving them feedback is daunting (in a good way).

I didn't know about Creative Commons until I read about the task for Thing 8. How many times have I found the perfect text or picture for a class assignment and not been able to use it, because I can't print it legally. I know that also happens to my students. Now there is a way around that problem. Creative Commons give us freedom to use information however we want as long as the Creative Commons guidelines are followed. That is powerful motivation for me, and I think it will be powerful motivation to my students. I'm ready for a project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment